If you would like to be contacted about news or updates, enter your email address here.
Project Inform (Ireland)
programs in Ireland:
1. Guardian ad Litem programme: We provided extensive programme development documents to the Jr. Minister for Children in 2010 with the goal of replacing the existing paid system with the U.S. model of trained volunteers. This was also offered to the current Minister in late 2011.
2. Missing Children’s Hotline: In 2010 One Child International offered to pay for the implementation of the Missing Children’s hotline on the condition that the Department of Children pay for 25%. The cost was an estimated E120,000.
3. Child Protection Forum: In 2010 we offered to set up a forum including the Jr. Minister for Children, the CEOs of all the Dublin-based child advocacy NGO’s, the Gardai and the HSE where they would meet their counterparts from the UK and the U.S. in an effort to exchange ideas and support the development of a workable Irish model. This was to be fully paid for by One Child International with accommodation expenses provided by the HSE.
4. Catholic Church: Our child protection literature set was offered to Archbishop Martin as a suggest resource - in whole or part - for parishioners free or printed with the Churches message and logo.
5. Government: Our child protection literature set has been sent and received by members of the last and current Dail and Senate with an offer to provide copies free for member’s constituents.
6. Parent information programme: One Child International offered to private label our prevention materials with the Dept of Health or the HSE's logo and distribute them to every household in the country for E1 per household plus postage. There are 1.47 million households in Ireland.
7. George Gibney: At the request of a journalist one of our investigators tracked down child molester Gibney in Orlando and we did an extensive background history of his time in the U.S.. We met with a representative of the Minister for Justice Ahern in 2010 to discuss how a case could be brought against serial child molester George Gibney. We also met with the Gardai. Information packets including Justine McCarthy's book 'Deep Deception' were sent to the US Ambassador in Dublin, the local police and sheriff in Orange County, ICE, FDLE and the FBI. We have reported extensively in his activities since then as has been reflected in the media.
8. Gardai (Irish Police): In an effort to assist the Gardai we offered the following:
a. A set of our child protection materials – free – for every member of the force, printed with the Garda logo. Offered on two occasions.
b. An opportunity for the Child Protection division to train with their U.S. child-protection counterparts in Dublin or in the U.S. – fully paid for by us
c. A scholarship – fully paid for – for a member of the Harcourt Street Garda Child Protection Unit to attend the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Center in London (affiliated to the Serious Organized Crime Agency - SOCA) to attend their series of courses on child sexual abuse produced by their Behavioral Psychology Unit. A University qualification was included on the completion of the course.
This site has been underwritten by
International Inc., Florida.
Copyright © 2008 - 2012. All rights reserved. Powered by: Webraven.net
Child AbuseWatch (abusewatch.net)